Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Word About CYNTHIA


Ok. A few words about Cynthia. I talk to Cynthia EVERYDAY! Everyday it seems as though she is getting weaker.

Here is the deal. For the past three years Cynthia couldn’t get affordable health insurance because of two pre-existing conditions. Fast forward to Spring 2009, Cynthia started noticing something very wrong with one of her breasts. Even though she had no insurance, she was able to go to the doctors and pay cash for her visits.
From Spring 2009 until November 2009 Cynthia was going to different doctors who could not tell her what was wrong. They ran every test BUT a mammogram. I guess they assumed a mammogram would not show anything since her last mammogram a year earlier was normal.

Well, finally in November one of those doctors had the sense to run the proper tests. Unfortunately they ended up taking 30 samples from her for her biopsy. They suspect that may have aggravated it. I suspect this bothers me.

Now that she’s had two biopsies, she is in more pain everyday. If a person has cancer is it suppose to hurt like that? Michael says she groans in her sleep and that worries him. I didn’t know cancer hurt like that.
The lumpectomy is scheduled for January 15. She will miss work. The bad part about that is she’s an hourly worker. If she doesn’t work, she doesn’t get paid. In my opinion, the worse part is that she works for a major health insurance company and cannot get any discount on health insurance.

I could get in much trouble for posting this. Cynthia could possibly get into much trouble for me posting this. I’m just so angry right now. Not as angry as I was earlier today, but I am still frustrated that she is going through this. What would you do if it were you or your best friend?

When Cynthia has her surgery next week and misses work, she won’t be getting paid. So not only will she be incurring a huge debt, but she will be missing out on her paycheck. What would you do if it were you or your best friend?

Back to Cynthia. Cynthia is usually VIBRANT, vivacious, upbeat, positive, and on top of everything. It takes a huge toll on me to see her pain increase everyday and her energy fade as a result.
Cynthia would do anything to help anyone. She is giving and generous and funny and loving.

Cynthia wants visitor to her blog to know that appreciates all of your support and words of kindness. When I read the comments to her tonight, she was too weak to pull out her laptop to read or reply. She told me that she really does appreciate all of your support. I believe when she gets a chance she will write an appreciation/thank you entry to all of you.

Please continue to pray for her and her family. I appreciate that as well.

~~Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment